The Advocate is headquartered in Orange County, FL, and publishes both display and legal advertising in Orange, Seminole and Osceola Counties.
We can help you with publishing the following legal notices:
- Fictitious Names/DBAs* $45.00
- Name Changes
- Notice of Action in Dissolution of Marriage 40.00 x 4
- Foreclosures 40.00 x 4
- Probates/Petition to Administer Estate
- Notice to Creditors 40.00 x 4
- Notice of Sale
- Invitations to Bid 8.50 per column inch
- Requests for Proposals 8.50 per column inch
At the conclusion of your advertising run, we will provide you with an Affidavit of Publication (“Proof of Publication”) showing that you complied with publishing requirements– provided your account is in “paid” status. Relax. We’ve been doing this since for 25 years!
Your affidavit will be filed on your behalf with the Clerk of the Court as well as with MyPublicNotices.com, the State of Florida’s Legal Notices website.
For your convenience, we accept notices by:
Payment is due prior to Affidavit. We will not send out an affidavit until your account is paid. For your convenience, we accept all major debit and credit cards.
We look forward to doing business with you.
Legal Notices publish weekly on Fridays in The Orlando Advocate newspaper and on our website, orlandoadvocate.com.
Deadlines: Two business days in advance of Publication by 3:00PM. Deadline for Friday is Wednesday by 3:00pm.
**Individuals must prepay. Only attorneys and paralegals in good credit standing with the newspaper will be billed.
Fictitious Name Publishing and Fictitious Name Registering are NOT the Same
Newspapers publish. The State registers. Fictitious Business Names (DBAs) must be registered separately with the Florida Secretary of State. When you sign the registration application, you will be certifying that you published the name of your DBA in a newspaper such as ours. It is a second degree misdemeanor (s. 775.082 or s. 775.083) to certify and not publish, so don’t say you did if you didn’t. The state charges $50 to register your DBA. We charge $45 to publish it. Click here to see the statute.
Why Choose Us to Publish Your Fictitious Name Notice?
The State has already decided that you must, so the only choice you have is the WHERE.
- Our process is fully automated. You fill out a brief form, pay for your ad– all online, and you’re done. Everything else is on us.
- Our process is simple. After you pay, you’ll get an email acknowledging receipt of your payment and your DBA information, and explaining when your Notice will be published (we publish on Fridays). You get a chance at this stage to correct any information. On the publication date, our Affidavit of Publication certifying that you have complied with the Fictitious Name Statute will hit your email inbox before 9:00 AM.
- Turnaround time? We do have cut-off times, so depending on when you send us your information you might miss the next available publication date. The good news is that there’s always another Friday. So how does 3 – 10 business days sound?
- And oh, that payment thing. You’re going to really like this. How about $45.00? We can almost hear the cheering and applause. ‘Nuf said!
So, these are the reasons you choose The Advocate. Plus, we’ve been doing this since November, 1993. We’re experienced, knowledgeable, and committed to giving you the best possible customer experience. Check our website for the many pleased customers who have entrusted their legal advertising to us. Relax, and welcome aboard! You’re in good hands with The Advocate.
Dissolution of Marriage
We would be happy to assist you in the handling of your legal notice. The information provided below explains our process.l
First, we publish weekly, on Fridays. The Clerk of the Court assigned you a “return date” (see the “YOU ARE NOTIFIED” paragraph of your document), which is the date your spouse must respond to your petition. That date allows us enough time to run your ad for 4 consecutive weeks. You cannot take any action until after this time has expired
Second, once we receive your notice (by email or fax), we will advise you of the start date AND YOU WILL NOT HEAR FROM US AGAIN UNTIL the 4 weeks are up. This is how we keep our legal advertising rates so low. After the 4th run, we will prepare an Affidavit of Publication, signed by us, certifying that your ad ran for the required 4 weeks. This is an automatic process. You will not have to call. You will receive the Affidavit before the return date.
Third, your legal notice costs $120. You can pay electronically if you like (we can send you an invoice that you simply click through and pay online) or you can call your information in by phone and we will process your payment for you. Just let us know which method you prefer. We will not send out an Affidavit of Publication if your account is unpaid.
Finally, for an additional $25, we will file your affidavit directly into your court file for you, and send you a receipt from the Clerk of the Court showing that it has been filed. If you would otherwise have to take time off from work to go down to the courthouse, this might be a timesaving option you want to consider.
Should you decide to let us handle this for you, please email your Notice of Action to email@example.com OR fax it to 407.649.8702. If you decide to fax it, please let us know by phone or email. We receive numerous unsolicited faxes and would not want your fax to get overlooked. .
OK, relax. We’ve been doing this for almost 30 years. You’re in good hands.
We look forward to working with you.